Monday, December 03, 2007

Momma Needs A New Pair Of Shoes

Well I was invited to go to a Texas Hold 'Em charity event this evening so Chris and I went. I have never played before but I like to watch it on TV. Watching and playing are a little different. Anyway, I was playing on a table and ended up winning. I had already won a Tony Stewart baseball hat (I already had won one in another raffle so I gave it away) in a raffle during the game, and then when I won they gave me a $100 gift certificate to FYE (I guess it's a record store in the ball). Then, the first place winners from the 6 tables played for the final winner. Guess what? Yep, I won. I got 4 tickets to see the Atlanta Hawks vs. Miami Heat and a parking pass in March. The tickets are on the club level so I am sure they are good seats and are probably expensive tickets. The bad news is, I don't like basketball. The good news is, I won. I'll probably give them away - who knows.

It was exciting to win though especially with it being my first time playing. Beginners luck I guess.

Not too much else going on right now. Fixin to go to bed so I'll let you guys go now.

Later.

5 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

you want to pick me 6 numbers for the Lottery then?!
why not give the tickets to a charity so they can raffel them off?

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 8:49:00 AM EST  
Blogger Marni said...

Jeez Oh Pete, girl! How in the hell do you do it???

Please pick my lottery numbers. I'll share.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 12:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I just finally got around to reading your 7 things list. Excellent stories involved there!

Monday, December 10, 2007 at 12:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger CindyDianne said...

I just don't even know what to say.

Monday, December 10, 2007 at 8:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger katy said...

Just calling in to wish you a Merry Christmas, hope all is well with you x

Monday, December 24, 2007 at 11:54:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home