Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week Six

I mentioned previously that I had started Weight Watcher's. It's going pretty good. I have been sticking to it pretty good during the week, it's just the weekend that is difficult. At week 5 I hit 10 lbs. At week 6 weigh in, I gained .8 lbs. I was not too upset though. I did have pizza 2 days during that weekend. Imagine how it would have been if I hadn't. Sometimes you just have to eat what you want and move on to the next day.

Actually, it hasn't been too bad. I am getting more fruit and veggies into my diet-which is a good thing. I am getting better about planning and buying food. The frozen meals help when you just don't want to cook. I have come up with some new things that I like to try to change it up. Nothing worse than getting bored with what you are eating. The hard part is it's summer, it's hot and sometimes you just want ice cream. So like before I was on Weight Watcher's, I never craved ice cream but that's not the case these days. I will be good though.

My favorite thing to do is make things I can throw on a bed of lettuce. Many of the frozen meals are good if you mix them up and then throw them on the lettuce. Especially the Mexican meals (Fajita chicken or the Santa Fe...).

I was not good this morning for breakfast. I just needed something good. I was tired of my egg white omelets. I knew if I didn't go ahead and splurge (a little) I would splurge in a big way so I will just watch what I eat the rest of the day.

Any Weight Watcher's recipes you can give me would be appreciated. I like to cook and like to try new things. I am just trying to keep from repeating the same foods so I don't get bored and fall off the wagon.

When I went back under my 10 lbs., I asked if she wanted my 5 lb star back. She laughed and said "no, if you took off a belt and your shoes you would probably be at 10 lbs.". That was good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

CONGRATS on sticking to it after a weekend slip.

I have some good WW recipes somewhere; I'll look for them this weekend.

Friday, July 13, 2007 at 4:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home