Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Well, not exactly but I'm back. Sorry to be gone so long just trying to get myself together. I haven't had much to say and not really sure that I do tonight, but I want to get back to blogging.

I find myself single again and I am trying to find myself. It's very different spending so much time with alone. Not that I dislike it or anything, it's just very different. You'd think my house would be spotless - nope, but it looks a little better. I do try to keep up with it and have been trying to clean up a room at a time.

It was a good weekend considering. I had dinner with friends on Saturday night and laughed, ate and drank until about 1:00am. Sunday I met some friends at a cookout - but it was a cookout contest. I only brought a couple of sides, but there were some BBQ masters there. Some grilled shrimp, pork, chicken, beef and yes even kangaroo. I know I should have tried it but I just wasn't too sure. I'm usually open to things like that but it didn't really sound all that good. Everyone was supposed to bring sample sizes of sunscreen, shampoo, lotion, wet ones and chapstick because they were going to send a care package to the hosts cousin. I thought it was a great idea since it was Memorial Day weekend.

Today was a kind of quiet day. I rested, watched a movie and cooked some ribs. The best part of the weekend was going to WalMart and finding an iPod chair. It's called iCamp and it has two speakers on the arm rests. All it takes is 4 double A (AA) batteries and an iPod. The chair is prewired and ready to go. It was really cool to take to the cookout yesterday. The second best part is it was only $14.88 - the same price as the one I was about to buy.

Happy Memorial Day...hope everyone was safe and had a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marni said...

YAY! You are back... woot!

Glad you had a wonderful weekend... sometimes being with friends is the best way to get out of a funk.

Hugs...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 8:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Coffeypot said...

I'm glad you are trying to find yourself. Did you look under the bed? I know you aren't in the closet. Maybe behind the door? My favorite place to hide is in my chair in front of the TV. Sweet Tea never thinks to look for me there. If I had any friends I would invite them over for a cook out. RIBS! Beef or Pork! Doesn’t matter, I’ll eat either. Love ribs! I am also looking forward to reading your stuff again – if you ever “stuff” again.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 8:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger katy said...

welcome back.
sounds like you had a great weekend, i would have tried the kangaroo, maybe next time eh?!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home