Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Enjoy The Silence

Not really. Been a hectic weekend and don't even get me started about last night.

So I had to buy a new laptop in September because mine died (had a dj gig I need it for). I got a great deal on an HP and that's what I'm not now (love it!). Anyway, just before I had the "blue screen of death" on the other laptop, I had just been told by a colleague of mine that there was a way to to a system recovery that would allow you to re-load your initial computer settings from the factory (just in case you didn't receive your software with your PC).

Well, I was to late for the old PC, but my new computer has been asking me (not all the time but sometimes) when I boot up if I want to make a recovery disc. So last night like a DA I said "yes" and it said "insert disc 1 of 21". OK that was at 7:00 pm. OK at midnight, I as inserting disc 15 of 21 and very sleepy. So I took the laptop to bed, in addition to my blank discs and my sharpie (so I could write which disc of 21 it was) and kept waking up to change the disc when needed. Needless to say, after a few cocktails and a late night last night I am exhausted. Sorry I don't have anything whitty to talk about, but maybe tomorrow if I go ahead a sign off.

And just so you know, I plan to try to turn on the old laptop and hope that it will one time boot up like it should so I can copy all files I didn't get copied on my external hard drive (like my tax information for the last two years - not anything important - or the funny videos I have collected over the years (and let me say I have some good ones, some bad ones, and some ugly ones). If I get it booted up, I will do the system recovery (again) and replace the hard drive and use it for music only. I've been eyeing the 80GB iPod. Would love it!!!

Good night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Coffeypot said...

At least you can do something. Back in the day we use to joke about the older people owning VCR’s and didn’t know how to program them, and all they had was a blinking clock. Well, this shit is my blinking clock. My daughter is supposed to come over and show me how to upload pictures and add links to my blog page. Until then, all I can do is surf her log page and read the people in her listings.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 7:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DJ Andi said...

I've got to get her to help me with my blog too. She wants me to try the Beta version. I guess that would be OK. She says it's a little easier. I never did get the hang of recording on the VCR unless I could press the button while I was there. And if that was the case, I might as well watch it right? There's just no hope for me.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 9:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger katy said...

i would have run out of discs! my laptop is in the menders been away for 2 weeks now it just stopped reading discs, maybe it wanted a change eh!

Friday, October 27, 2006 at 4:00:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH poor you, been there, done that one feel so sorry for you hope you get it sorted out soon.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 5:20:00 AM EST  
Blogger Cup said...

Ugh. Don't you hate computer problems? I keep in good with my ex so that he's always around to solve my computer issues.

Monday, October 30, 2006 at 10:15:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home