Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Rod Stewart?

OK, wasn't he that good looking guy in the early 70's that had the wacky hair, really tight pants, converse hightops, and a danced really bad? If that's the case, isn't he like 70 (I may have to take off my shoes to count up that high)?

I'm not sure if he's a singer/songwriter or just a singer. He did have some catchy tunes through the years (Maggie Mae, Do You Think I'm Sexy, Hot Legs, Forever Young...). However, I saw him on a daytime show one day this week (I think it was The View - could be wrong) and tonight he's on Dancing With The Stars? You know I don't mind people remaking songs. I kind of thought the classics CD's were pretty good (you know, sometimes you need some different kind of music occasionally) but now he's taken it too far - classic rock remakes? If you saw him on Dancing With The Stars, I think he hit all three notes the whole way though the songs. He definitely has a lot of backup singers (I think that's so you don't really hear him too much).

I'm not really sure what he's trying to accomplish. Doesn't he have like 12 wives/ex-wives/mother of his children, 30 kids, and 1000's of #1 songs? Maybe I wouldn't be so critical if he would do his own stuff - you know that's new.

I kind of like the ones that kind of fade into the background after they have made their millions, do their own thing, and then have a great comback. I sure wish the Carpenters could do that. Wouldn't they sell out shows. Man I love Karen's voice. I don't care if it is big nostril music, I love it. It's so toe tapping, and everyone knows all the words. Sorry that will never happen, it would have been great.

Well, I guess anyone could have remade the classics (rock or easy listening tunes) and they could have really made them cheesy. His aren't too bad. Don't think I am bahing him. He still looks fantastic, no wonder he's still having kids. I've actually got several of his CD's and have always kept up with him. It just kind of struck me as funny all of a sudden.

Peace out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Don't hold your breath on the Carpenters...I don't think that Karen is coming out of retirement! The Carpenters are one of my guilty pleasures, I must admit.
Rod Stewart....He and his new wife just had a baby..he's in his 60's(ewwwww). I don't think that he'll EVER fade into the background. Too bad.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger .:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I love "if you think I'm sexy" - absolutely love it, but I really do wish he would fade into the background.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 11:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marni said...

Did you see his belly button and big tummy -- that kind of grossed me out. He's not THAT sexy any more.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 11:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Cup said...

I like early, bluesy Rod -- "Handbags and Gladrags," "Angel." He lost me once he had to start proving to use that he's sexy.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 11:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DJ Andi said...

Life: I know, I am so sad. It was a sad day when I heard she had died. I've listened to her since the 70's (used to play my Mom's tapes). Now I have their greatest hits and their Christmas CD's are awesome...I don't mind Rod, but I think he should fade in the background too.

Adult: agreed

Marni: I just couldn't watch. I had it on when he was singing but went to the kitchen to do stuff while he was on.

Beth: I like a lot of his old stuff too. Some of the 90's stuff was a little too bubblegum for me.

Friday, October 13, 2006 at 7:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger SkippyMom said...

....oh everytime the Carpenters come on the radio - can even get SKH to sing along!

This post brought back so many memories - it was great.

PS. I actually still have an ANDY GIBB garbage can in my bathroom....ROTFL.....now there is some one I would like to see again. Sigh.

and DJ - I too went to the kitchen when Roddy came on. couldn't view, just couldn't.

Thanks for the post.

Monday, October 16, 2006 at 1:02:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home